For awhile, one of the main features in my lil ol' blog was "Dollar Store Cinema." A few years ago, the local dollar stores carried a pretty good collection of bad horror movies. I reviewed the best of the worst of them, but they've since stopped carrying them, except for around Halloween, and it's always the same handful of movies. So, I stopped, which ultimately lead to the end of updating this blog (that and facebook). So, what to do? I've decided to continue the feature, but feature movies that I've found one way or another, movies that are "so bad they're good," for one reason or another. After all, my pile of "awfully good" movies continues to grow. So, keep it here, gang, for The Return of Dollar Store Cinema...coming soon. You've been warned!
One Last Go Around
And so, another Michiana Comicon came and went. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. For twenty-three years, Michiana has played host to this fun, little show. I remember my first time there. I was still in high school. I met one of my heroes, Jeff Dee that day. In the shows that followed, I met a lot of people, some famous, some imfamous, which as we all know, means more that famous (thank you Three Amigos ). I met Nik there two years ago, bought a copy of his comic Rocket Girl #1 off of him (my daughter Arlaux's nickname at the time). Nik took one look at my online portfolio and we've been good friends ever since. "Great zombie Jesus!" I think was what his email read. "Why aren't you working for anyone?" Truth was, I'd given up. Thanks, Nik. Along the way, I met Joe Fuentes as well. Most of you have seen his coloring work all over my website. I can't say enough good things about either of those two. But as is the ...

Comments